Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Speakers

Hello everyone out there in blog world. This past Sunday at our church South Florence Baptist Church. We had two awesome speakers come and give their testimonies they were Duane & Iris Blue. Their testimonies were very strong. But the one I got the most out of, was Duane's. He was talking about how men should be the spiritual leaders of their homes and pray with their wives and children every day. When he started talking about that I felt the Holy Spirit talking to me and I knew I was under deep conviction at that time. You see I do pray with my wife and kids at dinner and every night when they go to bed and read them a verse in their study Bible. But I do not sit down with my wife on a daily basis and pray with her like I should, From this day on I make a Promise to my God, to my lovely wife, and to everyone that is reading this blog there will not be a night that goes by that I will not pray with my wife and my family.My wife is the number 2 person in my life she is right behind God.She is the most amazing person I know, she is a loving wife and a great mother to both of our children. She is a great listener and understanding person. When I have a problem she is there for me, when my heart is broken about something and I need a shoulder to cry on she is there for me.She takes care of me when i am sick, She is just the best wife in the world. and I am SO BLESSED to have her as my wife. I know there are times that I do not show her the love and the attention that she wants and needs from me and this is one of the biggest things that I pray about, is to show her the love and the attention that she deserves from me. So as everyone can see, if you have never had the chance to hear Duane & Iris Blue speak, I really encourage you to hear them. They are a Blessing from God. They will open your eyes to a whole different way by listening to their testimonies and what they both went through before they accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Just like the Blues' we all go through hard times and feel like we are nothing until that one special day when we all have had enough and we get down on our knees and pray to the one and only Almighty God to come into our hearts and save us from our sins. On March 19th 2007 that is what I did and God has been there for me ever since. I know whatever I go though,and can not handle I am not alone because I have an awesome God that can get me through anything and that I will never be alone no matter what happens good or bad because he is the one that hung there on that Cross for you and me and washed away all of our sins. Well I hope that everyone has an awesome week and hey guys, don't forget how ever busy you get, and tired you are, don't forget about that special person ( your wife) and take the time to pray with her and for her for all that she does for you and hey Lady's do your husbands the same. God Bless everyone out there and have a good week and once again don't forget to PRAY.

3 comments:

cookin4God said...

Oh, honey! God is touching your life, and I am so thankful!! I will pray with you, and try to hold you accountable as I expect you to do the same for me. With God on our team, there is no other team that I want to be on! I love you, your wife

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! We all lack on the family Bible time. I am going to make that happen daily too. Even if it is just a few verses...

Susanne said...

YOU MADE ME CRY!!! (I know...big surprise right??? ME...CRYING??? ha ha!!)
I just want to say what blessings you and Kim both are to my life AND our church!! I am SO GLAD to know you both and that God has allowed you to touch me so deeply!!
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY IN JESUS!!!